Sunday, April 6, 2014

Part 2: Choose to....what?!

*I haven't shared anything on my blog for a while because I needed to take a breather. It's been hard sharing about these things especially when I am still involved in the process. To protect the process of recovery, I didn't share anything on my blog for a while. But now, I am ready to share more and through out time, I will complete my story.

I had three options:
1) return back to the Japan Tokyo Mission when I'm ready
2) be reassigned to a new mission
3) be honorably released

I had every intention of returning back to the mission field. I told everyone in the mission, including my mission president, that it was going to return back to the mission field. There was no way that I was NOT going to come back to Japan! But I will be honest, after I knelt down to pray to know if I should go home, I already had the feeling that I wasn't going to return to Japan as a missionary. 

My suspicions were correct. I remember being in the temple one night, being home for almost a month. I sat in the most sacred room in the temple, the Celestial room, and pondered and prayed.

"Heavenly Father, what wouldst thou have me do? Am I going back to Japan or going to another mission, or am I done?"

In a very clear voice, I heard the voice of The Lord saying, "You are done." In that very moment, I decided that I would follow The Lord's will for me and the result was pure peace, something that I searched for my entire mission.

Since returning home my parents helped me to gain more peace and direction in my life. They got me a shrink :) #hallatotheshrink

No comments:

Post a Comment